- Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
This site allows HTML content. While learning all of HTML may feel intimidating, learning how to use a very small number of the most basic HTML "tags" is very easy. This table provides examples for each tag that is enabled on this site.
For more information see W3C's HTML Specifications or use your favorite search engine to find other sites that explain HTML.
Tag Description You Type You Get Anchors are used to make links to other pages.
<a href="http://www.dwightyoakam.com">Dwight Yoakam</a>
Dwight Yoakam Emphasized
Cited Coded text used to show programming source code
Unordered list - use the <li> to begin each list item
<ul> <li>First item</li> <li>Second item</li> </ul>
- First item
- Second item
Ordered list - use the <li> to begin each list item
<ol> <li>First item</li> <li>Second item</li> </ol>
- First item
- Second item
Definition lists are similar to other HTML lists. <dl> begins the definition list, <dt> begins the definition term and <dd> begins the definition description.
<dl> <dt>First term</dt> <dd>First definition</dd> <dt>Second term</dt> <dd>Second definition</dd> </dl>
- First term
- First definition
- Second term
- Second definition
Most unusual characters can be directly entered without any problems.
If you do encounter problems, try using HTML character entities. A common example looks like & for an ampersand & character. For a full list of entities see HTML's entities page. Some of the available characters include:
Character Description You Type You Get Ampersand
& Greater than
> Less than
< Quotation mark
- Lines and paragraphs are automatically recognized. The <br /> line break, <p> paragraph and </p> close paragraph tags are inserted automatically. If paragraphs are not recognized simply add a couple blank lines.
- You may use [block:module=delta] tags to display the contents of block delta for module module. To discover module names and deltas, visit admin/build/block and hover over a block's configure link and look in your browser's status bar. The last "word" you see is the name of the module and the number following that is the delta. If you leave off the delta in an Insert Block tag, the default delta will be used.
- Now Playing: Trying (clip)Pop-up player
- Now Playing: Streets of BakersfieldPop-up player
- Now Playing: A Heart Like MinePop-up player
- Now Playing: Guitars, CadillacsPop-up player
- Now Playing: Fast As YouPop-up player
- Now Playing: A Thousand Miles From NowherePop-up player
- Now Playing: Ain't That Lonely YetPop-up player
- Now Playing: Suspicious MindsPop-up player
- Now Playing: Honky Tonk ManPop-up player
- Now Playing: Little SisterPop-up player
- Now Playing: Turn It On, Turn It Up, Turn Me LoosePop-up player
- Now Playing: Crazy Little Thing Called LovePop-up player
- Now Playing: Take Hold Of My HandPop-up player
- Trying (clip)
- Streets of Bakersfield
- A Heart Like Mine
- Guitars, Cadillacs
- Fast As You
- A Thousand Miles From Nowhere
- Ain't That Lonely Yet
- Suspicious Minds
- Honky Tonk Man
- Little Sister
- Turn It On, Turn It Up, Turn Me Loose
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Take Hold Of My Hand
DwightYoakam: Show Announcement! Dwight will be performing at Alberta Bair Theater in Billings, MT on Sunday, July 28th. #SummerTour #Montana1 day 7 hours ago